San Pedro Youth Ministry, or SPY, has a mission to help students KNOW, GROW, and SHOW the love of Jesus Christ. This means we are committed to helping students come to a saving knowledge of Jesus (KNOW), to develop them as disciples (GROW), and give them opportunities to live out the Christian faith in word and action (SHOW). Our hope is for students to build strong Christian friendships while developing a Christian faith that lasts through adulthood.
Our weekly youth program consists of a Sunday School and our SPY Groups. We also offer a variety of activities throughout the year. These include retreats, service projects, fellowship activities, and more. We hope that your student will find their place in our group and your family will feel at home here at San Pedro.
We would love to stay in communications with you. There are several ways that we communicate with students and parents; email, text, Facebook, Instagram, and even some classic snail mail . If you would like to receive our e- updates, please contact Dave Reiss and he will make certain you get on our distribution list.
We hope you will be a part of our SPY family.
Dave Reiss, Youth Director
Here is our SPY Policy regarding behavior, cell phone usage and bathing suits
Behavior: When attending San Pedro Youth events we represent San Pedro Presbyterian Church, and Jesus Christ to those that we come in contact with. That is why we ask that our students abide by following…
No possession or use of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco
No fighting, fireworks, weapons, lighters, pocket knives
No offensive or immodest clothing
Participation with the group is expected at all times
Respect all of the leaders in charge
No foul language/jokes or coarse talk
Respect property, one another, and comply with event schedules
Youth who fail to comply with these rules will be sent home at their parents/guardians expense.)
Cell Phones: When participating in SPY events we ask that you use cell phones as minimally as possible. We ask this in order to build community with those around us, and avoid distractions from what God or others may be teaching us.
• No cell phone usage during worship, spiritual lessons, camp programs, church services or quiet time.
• While on service project and mission trip work sites, phones can only be used as cameras, and only when appropriate. Please no talking, texting, or posting photos to social media during this time.
• During travel time and free time phones may be used, but only briefly, please make the most of the opportunity to interact with those around you.
• To help maintain privacy and avoid impropriety, phones can only be used as music devices in sleeping rooms, not for phone calls, cameras, texting, or social media.
• If an adult asks you to put the phone away, do so immediately and without complaint. If the phone become a continual distraction, it will be taken away, and returned to your parent.
• You are responsible for your phone if it gets lost, stolen, or broken.
Bathing Suit Policy: When students are participating in SPY events that require bathing suits, we are asking that you follow the following calls to modesty.
Girls: We are asking all girls to wear a swimsuit that covers their stomach while at youth events. This includes one piece bathing suits, tankinis, or a two piece suit with a t-shirt cover-up.
Guys: We are asking all guys to wear a bathing suit that extends past their fingertips when their arms are at their side.
This call to modesty is because… 1. It creates a safer environment, where fashion and figure do not need to define us. 2. It helps block lustful eyes and helps not objectify those of another gender.