The Jim Meng Stephen Ministry Program
The Stephen Ministries’ Core Purpose is summed up in the words of St. Paul in his letter to the Ephesians:
“To equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12-13).
One-to-One Lay Caring Ministry
“Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Facts and Stats:
- Stephen Ministry began in 1975.
- The Stephen Series is now in more than 11,000 congregations from more than 150 Christian denominations, in all 50 states, 10 Canadian provinces, and 23 other countries.
- More than 60,000 pastors, church staff, and laypersons have been trained as Stephen Leaders (those who oversee and direct Stephen Ministry in the congregation) at a Stephen Series Leader’s Training Course.
- More than 500,000 people have trained as Stephen Ministers in their congregations.
- More than a million people have received care from a Stephen Minister in a formal one-to-one Stephen Ministry caring relationship, and millions of others have received care from Stephen Ministers in informal ways.
For more information on how Stephen Ministries works, please click here.
Here is a video with our own Joe Petergal talking about Stephen Ministry:
If you are interested in receiving care, please contact one of our pastors or Stephen Leaders. A Care Receiver does not need to be a member of the SPPC congregation. They can be a family member or friend in the community.