Hope in the Lord
For our final week’s devotional, we will focus on the last verse of Psalm 131, “Israel, put your hope in the Lord, now and forever.” Charles Spurgeon writes, “Psalm 131:3 is a lesson of experience: a person of God who had been taught to renounce the world and live upon the Lord alone, here exhorts his friends and companions to do the same.” This week we ask the questions; Who is our Israel? What is hope? Where should we place our hope? When should we hope in the Lord? Why should we hope in the Lord? And how should we hope in the Lord?
WEEK SIX VIDEO: The Reporter’s Formula
Consider these questions:
- What was your favorite blow-off class?
- Who is your Israel, the people you want to hear the message of hope?
- What are the earthly things that you put your hope in, the things that you try to control?
- When do you put your hope in the Lord and when do you hope in yourself?
- How can waiting in hope lead to calm and quiet?
ICEBREAKER: What is one thing that you will take with you from our pilgrimage?
WEEKLY DISCUSSION GUIDE:
WEEK SIX SPIRITUAL PRACTICE:
WEEK SIX SOUNDTRACK