Part Time Assistant Youth Director
We are looking for a young adult who is able to assist in developing and maintain the youth ministry alongside the Youth Director. This person must be committed to Jesus and dedicated to the vision of San Pedro Youth (SPY) to help students know, grow, and show the love of Christ.
- Relational Ministry: Develop spiritually sound and socially acceptable relationships with students and adult leaders.
- Communication: Manage the youth pages of the website, social media pages, e-mail communication, and print media.
- Sunday School: A welcoming presence on Sunday mornings for Sunday School. Assist teachers with any needs that they might have.
- SPY Groups: Assists with leading a SPY group, and provides support for youth & adult mentors
- Event Planning: Play an active leadership role in the planning and implementation of major events: Fall Retreat, Fundraiser, Christmas Lock-in, Mo Ranch Retreat, Youth Sunday, Spring Break Activities, Riser Sunday, VBS, Mission Trip, and more.
- Leadership Development: Meets regularly with Youth Director, active participant in the Student Leadership Council, attends monthly SA Presbyterian Youth Director cluster meeting, attends staff meetings when able, and participates in one Youth Ministry training event per year (ie Youth Specialties Conference).
- Reports & Publication: Submit a monthly staff report and assist with the annual report. Write an occasional newsletter article.
We are looking for someone who is willing to make at least a 1 year commitment.
- Part time: Roughly 20 Hours
- Salary: around $16,000, plus $1,000 in Mileage, $1,000 in education, and $1,000 in Discretionary spending.
- Does not include medical benefits or moving expenses.
Contact Dave Reiss, Director of Youth and Adult Ministries for inquiries. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates must submit a resume, application, and list of references.
Access the Applicaiton here: SPPC Asssistant Youth Director Job Description and Application