This Fall we are offering a unique program that blends lectures, discussion, service, and small groups:
1st Wednesday Lecture Series: Join us on the first Wednesday of each month as we share a meal together and hear from some amazing guest speakers on some unique topics.
Dinner will be available from 5:45-6:30pm. Lecture will go from 6:30-7:30pm.
- September 6: Creation and Evolution
Coming off of the success of their Sunday School class, resident scientists Rudy Gaedke and Mark Tapley will help us look at the theories of creation and evolution from a God and science honoring perspective. Join them as they answer the age-old question, were there dinosaurs on the Ark?
- October 4: What in the world is God doing?
Kristin Huffman will share about some of the miraculous ways God is atwork in the Middle East, around the world and right in our back yard. As Christians develop relationships with people who have never heard the Gospel, they are able to share the love of Christ and bring the light and hope to others.
- Kristin Huffman is an ordained Presbyterian minister who is an Associate Director of Frontier Fellowship, a mission to the unreached in Houston and across the world. She is also working at Fuller Theological Seminary both as a professor and as a Director of Strategic Engagement.
- November 1: A Preferred Path for Dealing with Differences
Many of us differ on so many issues that we keep our opinions to ourselves for fear of being labeled a (insert derogatory term here). Others have the opposite problem and get called a (insert derogatory term here)! Left to our own devices, it’s “lose/lose”! Dr. Karl Slaikeu will help us discover ways to listen respectfully to others and share our thoughts in ways that avoid the worst and invite the best in conflict resolution at home, in church, at work and school and in our neighborhoods.
- December 6: Christmas Traditions:
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and our own Pastor Paul Gaedke will enlighten us on various Christmas traditions from around the world. Join us as we discover the true meaning of Christmas trees and how other places deck their halls.
2nd Wednesday Dine and Discuss: Adults will gather at local restaurants or coffee shops to discuss the previous week’s lecture.
- September 13, October 11, November 8 and December 13
- We are looking for a few adults to lead these discussion groups.
3rd Wednesday Soles4Souls Service nights: We will be conducting a neighborhood shoe drive to collect gently worn shoes to send to people around the world.
- September 20, October 18, November 15, and December 20
Last Wednesday Small Group Leader Training: We will be launching Sermon Based Small Groups January, 2018.
- During the following weeks we will offer training to our new small group leaders. September 27, October 25, November 29, December 13